sleep, interrupted

i am a very light sleeper.  brian is not.  but ive gotten used to him in the bed so i dont usually wake up unless something weird happens.  such as last night.

BANG!
me, slightly concerned: did you hear that really loud noise?
brian, slightly irritated: yes, it was me.
me: what were you doing?
brian: ...ill tell you later.

a few minutes later: bang!
me, groggily: brian, stop it.

in the morning...
brian: so i had a dream last night that i was playing baseball.  i stretched out to catch a ball. i must have hit the wall with my arm.
me, laughing:  so thats why you felt the need to punch the wall?  because you were playing baseball in our bed?
brian, grumpily: if it wasnt for the wall, i would have caught the ball too.
me: ....so did you try to catch it again later?
brian: no i was reaching for my alarm clack but the wall the closer to me than usual. stupid wall.

1 comment:

Post a Comment